The planning and zoning by-laws specify the uses permitted in each zone and prescribe standards for buildings and structures such as setback, size and height. However, particular conditions of certain properties may make it difficult to comply with a prescribed standard. The Community Planning Act grants to the RPAC the power of variance to make adjustments to a prescribed standard provided the request is reasonable and desirable for the development of the land and complies with the general intent of the by-law. The RPAC may also approve subdivision plans.

The Development Officer may help you to apply for a variance and may be reached at:
Office: (506) 542-2688
Fax: (506) 542-2642