Job offer - Workforce Development Coordinator
JOB OFFER - Workforce Development Coordinator
Purpose and Objective of Position:
The Workforce Development Coordinator is a key team member in managing and expanding the Chaleur Regional Services Commission's Imagine Chaleur's workforce development program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide workforce growth and development support services;
- Coordinate regional labor market partnership forum meetings;
- Participate in the development of action plan items;
- Support the implementation of actions to meet the performance indicators established in the Growth and Workforce Development file;
- Plan and follow up with participants regarding job retention and career advancement;
- Support networking and relationship building with employers and key stakeholders;
- Develop a job database with available positions, including requirements, responsibilities, and contacts for placement;
- Participate in regional job fairs to identify employment opportunities for Imagine Chaleur participants;<
- Maintain complete and accurate information in the Imagine Chaleur database;
- Coordinate the tracking of workforce development efforts across the organization;
- Achieve benchmarks and program participation goals;
- Maintain complete and input accurate information in Imagine Chaleur's database;
- Coordinate agency-wide tracking of workforce development efforts.
- Participate in enhancing the organization’s one stop shop services strategy, program and activities.
- Adhere to internal and external deadlines;
- Participate in staff meetings and team meetings;
- Abide by terms of personnel manual and departmental standard operating procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bilingual English and French;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- Experience in workforce development, community organizing, sales, or other related fields;
- Commitment to the mission of Imagine Chaleur;
- Self-starter with positive attitude and willingness to take initiative;
- Excellent listening, observation, reading, verbal, nonverbal and writing skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with tact and self-control;
- Ability to complete documentation accurately;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint, Teams) & Zoom;
- Willing to work evenings or weekends, as needed;
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, internet, and email;
- Has a reliable car with insurance and a valid driver's license.
Geographic Location of Work:
- Office work will be performed primarily at the Imagine Chaleur office and throughout the Chaleur area;
- Networking and trainings will take place at various locations.
- The position entails 35 hours of work per week. General hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:30AM to 4:30 pm.
- There may be from time to time, work in the evening and weekend hours.
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary is based on experience;
- Benefits are in accordance with the Chaleur Regional Services Commission's personnel manual;
- Performance reviews will be conducted annually, based on employee’s start date.
- As soon as possible.